Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Pepin the Short and Roy the Inept

On the trip across the country (we just arrived home a half hour ago), we listened to a Great Courses class with 24 lectures taught by Philip Deileader and entitled "The Early Middle Ages."  We learned that some of the early leaders of the Franks had descriptors attached to their names, such as Pepin the Short or Louis the Pious or Charles the Simple.  I decided that I also needed a descriptor, and in my case it will be Roy the Inept, although Linda suggested it should be Roy the Clumsy.

Before we left home my computer guru Debbie set up my AirBook so that I could turn it on, connect to a motel's WiFi, hit one key, and then post.  I managed to do it twice, and then I inadvertently did something wrong, and that was the end of my posting.  

Now that I'm back at my desk, I will be able again to post for my tens of readers.  (Or so I hope.)  I will share some observations on the trip in the coming days, but for now I will just say that I interacted with people in 13 states, and every one of them was friendly and pleasant.  (We crossed 14 states, but one was West Virginia at Wheeling, and we drove straight through.)

And to the person in Rockville, Indiana, who had a yard sign that said "I support a woman's right to choose, " thank you.  You lifted my spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment