Saturday, November 4, 2023

Fossils for Rutgers

I’ve started a huge project to get my fossils ready for Rutgers Geology museum.  I plan to visit the museum sometime later in November to see if they even want them.  The museum has a huge rock and mineral sale every January, and perhaps the fossils could be sold there.  Here is a sample of the labels for one of the boxes.  I have no idea what to do with them if Rutgers turns me down.

Colony Coral


Found in Feb. 2009 at a road cut on Reber Street, about 1/4 mile west of the intersection of Reber Street and Harrity Road in Franklin Township, Carbon County, PA. 


This road cut has been worked over and as of 2023 has very few fossils.  The bank south of the road cut does have some specimens, however. 


Lat. 40.841596

Long. 75.672799

      from Google Maps 

No comments:

Post a Comment