Monday, April 23, 2012

Primary Eve

Last night I posted a little essay entitled “Literature Drop” involving a successful campaign event for Ron Rabenold.  Tonight I had planned to be cute and use the title  “Literature Dropped” to discuss the way schools have cut back on reading the classics. However, it is the night before the primary, so I’ll save the critique of lit classes for another day.  I’ll give you my recommendations for the election tomorrow.
On the Democratic side:
For President:  Barack Obama.  I would have made the same recommendation four years ago, when most of Carbon County went for Clinton.  I liked Clinton, but I thought Obama was the better candidate.  In the past four years, his plusses have far outweighed his negatives. I’m voting for him with pride.
For U.S. Senator:  Bob Casey.  Six more years!
For Attorney General:  Patrick Murphy.  More experienced than Kane.  More likely to give Corbett sleepless nights.
For U.S. Congress:  Vinsko in the northern part of the county.  You couldn’t ask for a better candidate.  In the southern part of the county, I’m not saying.  I don’t want to get into another argument with the wife.
For State Senate:  Tim Seib.  I met Mr. Seib a number of times.  He tends to talk longer than he should, but that’s because he is passionate about his beliefs.  He would make a great state senator.
For State House:  Ron Rabenold.  I’ve campaigned for Ron.  He’s intelligent, knows Carbon County, has great personal values, and understands the needs of the residents.  I like Jerry Strubinger as a friend, but I can’t see him as our representative.
For convention delegates:  Eight candidates are running for eight seats.  The two who should get the most votes are Billy O’Gurek and Roxanne Pauline.  They have little in common except they are my friends.
On the Republican side:
For President:  Anybody but Romney.
For U.S. Senate:  Flip a coin.
For State Senate:  Go for Rich.  At least he’s not Argall.
For State Representative:  Write in your own name.  You’d be better than Heffley.

1 comment:

  1. Cartwright for Congress! I have a hard time seeing anyone voting for a Republican in Holden. Especially in an overwhelmingly Democratic district.

    ReplyDelete