Tuesday, August 18, 2026

France can do it–why can't we?

Last week a French law prohibiting unsolicited cold calls by businesses took effect.  I probably get ten of these calls a day, often four of five from the same scam artists.  Lately I’ve been getting solicited for an auto accident I might have been in that I can get money for.  


I do have a bit of fun.  First you get a robot, always female, who then switches you over to a “claims specialist.”  If I’m not too busy I see how long I can keep the scam artist on the line.  I also tell the scam artist outlandish things, like “I did have an accident, but it wasn’t my fault because I was drunk,” or “I only killed two pedestrians.”  Click.


Nonetheless, these calls are annoying.  Why can the French legislature act when our Congress can’t even publish the Epstein files?

No comments:

Post a Comment