Friday, December 31, 2010

Resolutions

In addition to the usual ones--lose weight, check my email at least once a week, spend more time in the woods--I have three more for 2011.
Write to Heffley, Barletta, and Toomey at least once a month.  You’re thinking why bother, since those right-wing ideologues won’t listen to reason anyway.  Perhaps they won’t, but I plan to let Toomey, Barletta, and Heffley know they have constituents who are environmentalists, feminists, supportive of gay rights, pro-union, and  pro-health care reform.  (And I’m sending real letters on real paper with real stamps--emails are way too easy to delete or ignore.)
Boycott Walmart.  I’ve made that one for years, and I have kept it every year.  I have never shopped at Walmart.  My view is that if you have to go into Walmart to buy something, you really don’t need it.  Walmart is a terrible employer, a bully to its suppliers, a wrecker of small town main street shopping, an unfair competitor, a mainstay of the Chinese economy, a despoiler of Civil War battlefields, and its stores are architectural monstrosities.  What a blight on America, and soon the world.
Continue to blog.  As Groucho Marx once said,These are my principles.  If you don’t like them, I have others.”

1 comment:

  1. I did my thing. I sent an e-mail to Rep Heffley regarding my thoughts about our State stores.
    I strongly oppose there sale. We must maintain control on the sale of alcohol. Also, once they sell off them then annual income is gone forever.

    ReplyDelete