Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Communist/Atheist/Homosexual

Some guy named Dan from New Jersey called my home phone to ask why I would support President Obama even though he had lied about being born in America and was a communist.  I had talked to Dan before--he trolls Organizing for America websites and harasses people.  My phone number is on one of the sites.
I had a shot of rum just before he called and was feeling mellow.  I told him that communists were everywhere, and I myself was a communist atheist homosexual.  (Ok, that was wrong of me, but it wasn’t a complete lie.)  Dan decided at that point to hang up.  
The Supreme Court is against us, the House is against us, the Senate Republicans are blocking every Obama appointee, the unemployment rate remains high, Republicans state legislators are doing their best to suppress voting, Syria is a disaster area, and violence has broken out in the Southern Sudan.  The good news is that today is the first day of summer and the fireflies are out in force.  I’m on my way out to the porch to watch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment