Sunday, November 6, 2011

Union to Union

Today my partner and  I did a “union to union” walk in Palmerton.  We visited homes where a voter was also union member.  We explained that we were there on behalf of the Carbon County Labor Chapter, AFL-CIO, and that the Chapter had endorsed Charlie Getz and Bill O’Gurek for County Commissioner.
Yesterday I did the same thing in Nesquehoning.  This weekend was the first time I have ever gone door-to-door for a candidate where I only received positive feedback.  Today, in fact, a young ironworker shook my hand.  My partner had a similar experience.  In all my years of precinct walking, I have never before had anyone shake my hand.  
I feel like breaking into a rousing chorus of “Solidarity Forever.”  It’s a nice feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment