Saturday, November 5, 2011

Voter contest announced

On Tuesday, November 8, Pennsylvania will hold an election for the state judiciary along with local municipal and school board members.  In Carbon County, 37,565 people are eligible to vote.  I’m predicting the turnout in Carbon County will be 32%.  
The reader who posts a more accurate guess on the turnout than mine will win a bottle of red and a bottle of white from Big Creek Winery.  If my guess is the most accurate, I keep both bottles.  No one else is allowed to guess 32%--I’ve already taken that.  If there is a tie, each tie will receive one bottle.  I’ll pay shipping costs.
If the Republicans succeed in their efforts to require picture ID, I also predict next year’s turnout will decline by between three and five percent, mostly among Democrats.  There’s no contest on that, just disgust at one side’s willingness to cheat and pretend that it’s to prevent fraud.  

4 comments:

  1. 30% I say it will be that low because most people could care less about the judiciary. They recall should care more about these elections because all things local have the most effect on them.

    If I win, keep the wine and use it for your own benefit. At least it might ease the pain some, but it won't last! You will need much more for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 34% Is my guess, since we have a slate of candidates for county offices. Carbon will be higher than others.
    I really do not need the wine (I make better stuff anyway). Nice thought by Roy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Joe Stalin supposedly once said " It is not the people that elect their officials but the people that count the votes" My prediction is 29 1/2. Who's count will we use? mine or the election bureau?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather should be nice, so I'll say we'll be around 37%. As a bonus for you, Summit Hill will once again have the best turnout :)

    ReplyDelete