Thursday, March 8, 2012

A letter to my state senator

Senator Dave Argall
Sen. Box 203027
16E Main Capitol
Harrisburg, PA 17120-3029
Dear Senator Argall:
I have spoken to you a number of times; once you put me in touch with a state Department of Agriculture official about a farm preservation issue.  I know you are intelligent.  I always assumed you were also reasonable.  
That makes my disappointment and anger even greater.  You belong to a party that adopted a “fee” on natural gas that is even less than the tax Texas and West Virginia levy.  You voted for this fee.  
Your party adopted a bill under the guise of a woman’s right to know that degrades women who want an abortion.  You know, as well as I do, that this was simply a ploy to make it more difficult to undertake a legal medical procedure.  You voted for this bill.
You adopted a voter suppression bill that requires a picture ID to vote under the guise of protecting the voting process against non-existent fraud.  You know this will make it more difficult for the young, the very old, and housewives to vote, and you know full well that will depress the Democratic vote.  You voted for this bill.
Your party advocates selling the state wine and spirits stores, a source of good paying jobs, a socially-useful system, and a good source of revenue.
Your party has slashed school spending while fully aware that our children need a good education in order to compete in the modern world.
Frankly, I don’t understand this kind of thinking, this kind of action, these votes.  I have lost respect for you and your party.  I don’t think at this point there is much you could do to get it back.  
Sincerely,
  
Roy Christman

2 comments:

  1. This is a post that I e-mailed to Senator Argall:

    After careful consideration I have decided that I can no longer vote for you as our State Senator.
    I do not believe that voter ID is a needed thing.
    It's quite strange that these bills are all being passed in Republican controlled states.
    One doesn't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. You know it more about controlling the vote.
    Someday when you are old and gray and no longer can drive and have no way to get a photo ID you will know what I am talking about.
    I have watched voting in our district for some 30 plus years and have not seen any signs of fraud.
    It maybe apparent in the cities, but in our rural area's its not a problem.

    Why waste money when the state is in such dire shape with money, or are they. Apparently not.

    That's 2 votes in the house, and I know others that are not happy either.

    George White
    Towamensing Township

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted a note on Rep Heffley facebook about HB934, photo ID.

      Delete