Saturday, November 16, 2013

Clarence Thomas and Forrest Gump


Clarence Thomas spoke to a fundraiser for the Federalist Society, a group of conservative attorneys.  I’m not commenting on the inappropriateness of a sitting Supreme Court justice helping to raise funds for a political group, although it is totally inappropriate.

Nor will I comment on the fact that Thomas never says anything on the Court, but now speaks out for a conservative group.

What amazes me is that, according to an article in today’s Morning Call, Thomas compared himself to Forrest Gump.  He was quoted as saying,”One thing led to another, and I wound up on the court.  It was like totally Forrest Gump.”

If I remember correctly, didn’t Forrest Gump’s mom sometimes say  “Stupid is as stupid does"?

No comments:

Post a Comment