Monday, June 8, 2015

Gov. Scott Walker, front-runner

Scott Walker is the current front-runner for the Republican Presidential nomination.  I have two thoughts about that.  

First, during the recall election, I was phoning voters in Wisconsin to urge them to vote to dump Walker.  It was part of a union effort to bounce him.  One of the women I spoke to was very offended.  She told me that this was a matter for Wisconsin voters, and I had no business trying to interfere.  The anti-recall forces had much more money, and today I read that approximately 2/3rds of that money came from out of state.  I wish I had kept that woman’s number.

Second, the Wisconsin budget is totally out of balance because of Walker’s tax cuts for upper income groups.  Walker is proposing to balance the budget according to a front page article on state budgets in today’s Times, by decreasing funding for public schools, the state’s university system, public workers’ health benefits, and state parks.


This is the man who is currently the Republican front-runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment