Monday, June 22, 2015

International Yoga Day

Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India wants to declare June 21 “International Yoga Day.”  According to Mr. Modi, yoga can cure diseases like diabetes, hypertension, and drug addiction.  Some followers believe if everyone practiced it, it could usher in world peace.

I must admit, when I first heard of this, I thought, wow, a day set aside to honor Yogi Berra.  

I soon realized my error, but then I reflected that Fairfax in Marin County, where I lived for nine years, has long been celebrating the Summer Solstice with a craft fair, a party in the park, and lots of dope smoking, although I will admit I was never good at crafts.


Anyway, I see no harm in yoga, and I practice it myself.  My favorite position is the Supine Walrus.  It isn’t really that hard.  You need a La-Z-Boy chair and a cold bottle of beer.

1 comment:

  1. I got the lazy boy but not the beer. Only wine. That works well too.

    ReplyDelete