Saturday, October 31, 2015

Republican candidates have a point

Republican candidates have complained about the debate format and the way the questioners used “gotcha” questions.  I must say I agree with them.  True, I only watched about the first ten minutes, but the question “What’s your biggest weakness?” is amazingly Micky Mouse.  One of these men or women will probably be the Republican presidential nominee.  (I know, I know–hard to believe.)  We ought to get serious and thoughtful questions about actual issues and policies.  


It is possible that the Republican crew lends itself to silly questions?  The answers in the Democratic debate were thoughtful and substantive.  One of those men or women will probably be the Democratic nominee, and, if we are blessed, the next president of the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment