Friday, November 4, 2016

11 Million Refugees

What I can’t get past in this election is that almost half of my fellow Americans are voting for a man who will create more refugees than the entire war in Syria.  Many of the 11 million undocumented Mexican and Central American residents in this country have no homes to go when they are deported.  Many don’t even speak Spanish.

The effort will require a national identification cards, roundups, people herded into relocation centers, perhaps convoys of buses, or railroad cars, thousands of agents to enforce the policy.

I have heard Trump supporters tell me, when I bring up this issue, he won’t really do that.  He’s just saying that.  Really?  We have historical examples of candidates promising to “deal with” minority groups.  They were not taken seriously until it was too late. 


I take Trump seriously.  

2 comments:

  1. What has Trump created? I just read a letter in the Morning Call that was sent to parents of Southern Lehigh High school. This is an extremely bad situation going on there. Some students are yelling in the hallways the N-word, calling black students cotton pickers and lesbians dykes. They are also using swastika images and heil Hitler salutes. Now I ask where are they getting these ideas from? Theses are some very days in our society. I'm sure Trump is proud of what he has inspired. The article is on the front page of the online edition of the Morning Call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same thing. This kind of behavior will become more commonplace in the months ahead.

    ReplyDelete