Friday, November 18, 2016

Becoming a Muslim

Christian X, King of Denmark during World War II, noted the inhumane treatment of Jews in German-occupied countries.  He wrote in his personal diary that Danish Jews would need to be protected, and if they were singled out, “...we would best meet it by all wearing the Star of David.”

On Wednesday evening Trump surrogate Carl Higbie told Fox reporter Megyn Kelly that the U.S. might need a national registry of all Muslims.  He said there was precedent for such a list in the World War II Japanese internment, which the Supreme Court has never declared unconstitutional.  

When Kelly questioned this, Higbie said, “I’m just saying there’s a precedent for it.”  

If the Trump administration does compile a national registry of Muslims, I will become a Muslim.  I won’t go through the whole conversion process, but I once attended a service in a mosque in Allentown.  I think that is enough to put my name on the registry.

I’m hoping millions of Americans would do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment