Saturday, March 4, 2017

Dirty Water

The EPA has warned Pennsylvania that it was not enforcing safe drinking water standards.  According to an article by Marc Levy in today’s Morning Call, the EPA said the PA Department of Environmental Protection is not only inadequately staffed to enforce the water standards, but also air quality and mine safety standards.

Cuts in the PA DEP have been occurring for two decades.  The agency has proposed fees on public water systems to make up for some of the cutbacks, but Republican lawmakers look upon that with disfavor.

I have two worries:

When the EPA is cut under Trump, it also will be inadequately staffed and unable to monitor state programs.


People who use public water systems may soon need to boil their water.


My apologies to everyone who read the same post twice.  I wish when I screw up I knew HOW I screwed up, but I don't.  Anyway, this is what should have been posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment