Thursday, March 2, 2017

Joe Manchin

Joe Manchin is a Democratic Senator from West Virginia.  Manchin voted to approve Ben Carson and Rick Perry, and he wants to bring back coal.  Over 200,000 liberals have asked Sen. Schumer not to appoint Manchin to any leadership roles in the Senate.

I was invited to sign the petition against Manchin, but I did not.  I understand the anger at Sen. Manchin and I share it, but I don’t see a reason to drive him into the arms of the Republicans.  Right now, if the Senate had two more votes, Chuck Schumer would be the Majority Leader.  Manchin would be voting for Schumer, unless he decides to switch parties.

Folks,we have bigger fish to fry than Joe Manchin.  For a Democrat to win an election in West Virginia is amazing.  Yes, that Democrat won’t be liberal, won’t be much of an environmentalist, and will vote ways in which I find appalling, but he will be a Democrat who will caucus with the other Senate Democrats.  We really must remember what we are fighting here.



No comments:

Post a Comment