Friday, July 21, 2017

Bikers for Trump

Last year the U.S. government fined Harley-Davidson $15 million for selling devices that could shut down the emissions controls on motorcycles.  Part of that fine would go toward reducing pollution from wood-burning stoves.  This was routine.  For example, BP was asked to pay billions for coastal restoration after the Gulf oil spill.

Now Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced that $3 billion of the Harley-Davidson fine need not be paid.  

I assume that this was a reward for bikers supporting Trump.  Bikers, I believe, see themselves as American individualists.  Free spirits.  No need to wear helmets.  Tough guys.  Tattoos that say “Mother” on one arm and “Born to Lose” on the other.  


Quite a few of them show up at the Redneck Festival in Weissport.  I’ll be there also staffing a Democratic Party booth.  I plan to have some fun with them, but they will not like me very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment