Friday, July 7, 2017

Grandfather

In years past it always annoyed me how grandparents would talk about their grandchildren, show pictures of them, tell how smart they were.  

Now I have a grandson.  He’s 11.  He’s smart as a whip.  He feeds the chickens.  He knows how to look up items on the Internet.  He argues with me about movies.  He understands mathematics better than I do.  He measures out the sugar we need for the raspberry jam.  He helps to pick the sour cherries and the currants.  He helps to dig post holes.  

He doesn’t like Trump.  


Now I get it.

3 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than having Grandchildren and getting to brag about them. WE are having them visit our house today. They want to go Kayaking on Beltsville lake. Looking forward to the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. We went canoeing with Gavin and his mother on Beltzville Lake. We paddled up to where Pine Run enters the lake. There is a beautiful little falls there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My oldest is giving me my first grandchild in November. I'm so excited! I probably won't be fit to live with, showing pictures and bragging. Get ready!

    ReplyDelete