Sunday, February 25, 2018

More cliches in the gun safety debate

Some pro-gun Florida legislator said that if the high school shooter had been unable to purchase his automatic rifle legally, he simply would have turned to illegal sources.  

I know of two licensed gun dealers within ten miles of my house, one in Franklin Township and one to the east of Kresgeville.  Do I know where i could buy a gun illegally?  I know a lot of people, but I don’t know that.  I don’t even know whom I could ask.  I’m pretty sure that the 19-year-old murderer would not know where to purchase an automatic.

I also am amazed by the number of gun safety opponents who say that laws against automatic weapons would be useless.  Those same people are all in favor of strict laws and harsh penalties for heroin and meth.  Don’t they see the disconnect?


No comments:

Post a Comment