Friday, August 21, 2020

Democratic Convention Review

 I did not watch every minute, but I did get all of the highlights,.  

I don’t think we will ever see a return to the previous type of convention, with its cheering delegates, cavernous halls, boring speeches, and endless commentary from the talking heads.  It just makes for lousy tv.


This convention was fun to watch.  The four MCs were very good, the roll call of the states was absolutely marvelous, and some of the speeches were both moving and inspiring, including those by Michelle and Barack Obama.  


The Party showcased its diversity; Republicans will try to do that, but their diversity will be from way right to even further right, from the Tea Party to Q-Anon.


One of the best things was having all the defeated presidential candidates speak.  They were like veterans of a war who could reminisce about the battles they fought.  I liked them all, and it is clear that any one of them would have governed well.


I will admit to worrying about Biden’s speech, but I didn’t have to.  If he can repeat that kind of passion and conviction during the debates, he will blow Trump out of the water.


I am not looking forward to the debacle we will be seeing next week.



2 comments:

  1. We did watch the convention in it's entirety. The way they did the build up to Biden's speech was done very well. I too was hoping that Biden would rise to the occasion and he did. Now the real work begins. I hear there is some kind of horror show on TV next week-don't know how much we will watch. We have heard all the lies before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be like a train wreck. I think I just have to watch the carnage.

    ReplyDelete