Monday, August 24, 2020

Pennsylvania Farmers' Union

 Last week I was visited by a recruiter for the Farm Bureau Federation.  He was well-informed, pleasant, and made a case for why I should join.  In a past life I taught a course called “Interest Groups,” and as I remembered it, the Farm Bureau Federation was a very establishment, fairly conservative interest group that mainly represented corporate farms.  

I told the recruiter this, but promised I would do some research and let him know.  I emailed my friend Tom, who is knowledgeable about all things agricultural, and he reaffirmed my instincts.


When I went on the website for the Pennsylvania Farmers’ Union, one of the first things that struck me was the reference to climate change and what farmers could do about it.  That was enough.  Today I joined the Pennsylvania Farmers’ Union.  

No comments:

Post a Comment