Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Nice people out there

 It is refreshing to realize that while the Trump convention is playing out, there are still very nice and well-meaning people out there.  Tonight I was carrying Biden signs into the Democratic Headquarters in Lehighton.  I said hello to a young woman on the sidewalk.  When I came out she was still standing by my car, and she asked me if I wanted help carrying in the rest of the boxes.  I told her I could do it, but I thanked her and told her how much I appreciated the offer.

Then a guy saw me carrying in the signs and asked where he could get a “Republicans for Biden” sign.  He said he was a Republican who was anti-Trump.  I told him I would find out and let him know.


Later I was taking down the “This is Biden Country” sign on Rt. 443.  We have to do this every night and put it up every morning.  Otherwise the Trumpists steal it.  A guy pulled over and, in an angry voice, said “Why are you taking down that sign?”  I explained why I was doing that.  He said “Good,” and gave me a thumbs up.


Finally, I stopped along Pohopoco Drive to pick up some trash.  A guy stopped and asked if I needed help.  I told him I was fine and thanked him.  


In the space of less than an hour, four very nice people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment