Saturday, August 15, 2020

Letter to Sen. Toomey on the USPS

I wrote to Senator Toomey tonight about funding the USPS.  It seemed more appropriate to send an actual letter with an actual stamp than it was to call or email.  I tried to keep politics out of it, although I did slam “my” president.  


Here’s a copy.


Senator Pat Toomey

248 Russell Senate Office Building

United States Senate

Washington, D.C. 20515


Dear Senator Toomey:


Under my health plan Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan, administered by the company OPTUM Rx, my monthly prescription drugs are mailed to me by the U.S. Postal Service.  They include pills for high blood pressure and prostate problems.  (I was treated for prostate cancer five years ago.)  


I also am rather old fashioned–I communicate with our daughter and grandson in California by letters.  I think letters are much more personal. 


It is difficult to believe that our postmaster is deliberately trying to delay mail.  I can’t believe that my president would appoint such a man and evidently, from what I’ve read, encourage the mail delays.  If the Post Office needs money to do its job, then Congress should appropriate that money.  Millions of people depend on timely mail delivery.  I’m one of them.


I hope you and your colleagues can fix this.  


Sincerely,

Roy Christman 

No comments:

Post a Comment