Monday, January 11, 2021

I get vaccinated against Covid 19

 Finally, an advantage to being old.  I was able to get the Covid vaccine at Lehigh Valley Hospital Cedar Crest.  No, it didn’t hurt.  It was being offered to people 75 and older.

The event, however, had some aspects of a “super spreader.”  Hundreds of us were in a line that snaked through the building.  We were supposed to keep six feet apart, but it wasn’t happening.  When the staff member told me that 1:30 p.m. was open, I assumed I’d walk in and get the shot.  I got there at 1:10 and received my shot at 2:30.  I heard that 1800 people were vaccinated this afternoon.

I’m not complaining.  The shot was free, and I already have my appointment for the second round.  I had also taken a book along.  It’s a rule of mine–always take a book.

I feel a huge sense of relief, but I’ll still be wearing my mask.

2 comments: