Sunday, January 17, 2021

Rep. Tim Twardzik of Schuylkill County

 Twardzik was elected in November to represent eastern Schuylkill County and Summit Hill in Carbon.  While I don’t know the man personally, he is obviously a Trumpist and not very bright.  Or is that redundant?

Anyway, I thought I needed to take him to task for some remarks he made recently.  Here is a copy of the letter I sent him:


Dear Rep. Twardzik:


In the Friday, January 15, issue of The Morning Call, you were quoted as saying that your main priority was to reopen virus-triggered shutdowns.  This comes after one of your own colleagues died from Covid 19 and thousands of Pennsylvanias, including my cousin, succumbed to the disease.  I’d have to say your priorities are messed up.


You also said that many people expressed “distrust” with the election.  Of course they did.  Approximately half of the Pennsylvania Republican legislators questioned that election, the same election in which the Republicans increased their margin in both the state House and Senate.  Those people who are expressing distrust are following dishonest leaders like you.


Finally, in the same article you say, “I am not paying attention to the national press because it is just incendiary.”  What press?  The Washington Post?  The New York Times?  NBC nightly news?  I wonder where you get your information.  Perhaps from Facebook posts or Q-Anon tweets.


I feel sorry for the people of Summit Hill.


Sincerely,

Roy Christman

No comments:

Post a Comment