Friday, January 1, 2021

Letter to Sen. Hawley

As you may have heard, Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri will challenge Biden's victory in the Senate, in spite of McConnell's attempt to quash this kind of stupidity.  I sent the following letter to Sen. Hawley.  I'm sure when he gets it, he will change his mind.  Right?  Anyway, here's the letter:

Senator Josh Hawley

United States Senate

212 Russell Senate Office Building

Washington, D.C. 20510


Dear Senator Hawley:


I am a resident of Pennsylvania who voted in the November election.  My precinct is overwhelmingly Republican, but I was a Biden voter.  I voted by mail because I did not want to get Covid 19; many of the voters in my precinct refuse to wear masks.  


Unlike you, I have first-hand knowledge of the voting procedure in Pennsylvania.  I have heard you referred to as a Constitutional Law expert, and you may be, but you have no clue about constitutional government.  You are attempting to deny the validity of the votes of millions of Pennsylvania residents, perhaps to gain favor with Trump supporters for your own run for the Presidency, perhaps because you hope to rake in some funds from those supporters.  


In any case, I resent your attempt to overturn my vote.  Unlike you, I believe in the democratic process.  You, sir, are not a patriot.  You lack integrity and decency.


I will be sending a copy of this letter to Senator McConnell.  I almost always disagree with Sen. McConnell on political issues, but he has an understanding of the American electoral process. 


 I did send a copy to McConnell.   (By the way, Sen Ben Sasse of Nebraska was very clear that people like Hawley were harming American democracy.  Good work, Sen,. Sasse.)

No comments:

Post a Comment