Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Letters to Senators

 It took me some time, but I sent the following letter to Sen. Bill Cassidy of LA and Sen. Burr of NC.  

Thank you for your vote on impeachment.  When a President tries to incite a mob to attack and maybe even kill his Vice President, that to me is an impeachable offense.


It is good to know that there were Republican Senators like you who have integrity and courage.


I had already sent letters to Sen. Toomey, Sasse, and Murkowski.  I didn’t send one to Collins because I find her incredibly annoying, and I didn’t send one to Romney because Utah has a Republican Party that already said it will tolerate differences of opinion, so he is not in trouble.


Then I sent  the following letter to Senators Graham, Blunt, Grassley, Imhofe, Moran, Portman, Shelby, and Thune:


Dear ___:


I understand that you were a Senator when Bill Clinton was impeached, and that you voted guilty.


I am still trying to understand how lying about oral sex deserves a guilty vote, but inciting people to try to kill Mike Pence gets a pass. 


They must have some strange ideas down there in _______.  (Here I filled in whatever state the Senator was from.)


You are probably thinking this was a waste of time, paper, and stamps, but I felt good doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment