Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Should women be drafted?

 Actually, the question is moot right now, since no one is getting drafted.  Nevertheless, men must sign up for the draft, a fact I did not know.  Women do not have to sign up, and some military types think that in an emergency or crisis, we will need all the resources available.

The Supreme Court will hear the case this year.  My opinion is that we should bring the draft back, since right now the Armed Forces are drawn from the bottom half of the economic scale.  However, I also think that the draft should not only be for the military, but people should be given a choice for military service or some kind of public service.  Bottom line, everyone would be required to do something for the country.

2 comments:

  1. My family has had a long call to serve. Myself and my two brothers served in the US Air Force. WE had other family that served during the 2nd WW. One of my cousins died while serving in the Navy. Today I have a Grand Niece in her seventh year in the US Air Force. My one cousin has a Grandson in the Air Force. Other members of our family had served from the 2nd WW to date. I do not know of any that were drafted. Everyone enlisted of there own free will to serve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately not every family is as willing to serve as yours is. If a real emergency does occur, the draft will definitely return.

    ReplyDelete