Saturday, December 23, 2023

Best Christmas light display

I’ve been to Nesquehoning, Jim Thorpe, Lehighton, Bowmanstown, Weissport, Palmerton, along with Franklin, Penn Forest, Kidder, and Towamensing Townships.  Not on every road and street, of course, but at least I’ve got a sampling.  


The winner is on Main Road in Franklin Township about half a mile east of Weissport.  There are some other excellent displays (house in Bowmanstown, shooting stars on Columbia in Palmerton), but the individual prize goes to the Main Road display.  I noticed cars are stopping just to take a look.  I don’t know who is responsible, but nice work.


Best municipal display is the Lehighton Park.  The park is small enough and the trees are numerous enough to make a beautiful array, and the colored lights on the fountain cap it off.  Good for Lehighton. 

2 comments:

  1. My favorite Christmas light display is to look up. You need to be away from lights and trees. And you need to be dressed for the cold. One of the reasons I moved here is the starry night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately light pollution is a problem here.

    ReplyDelete