Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Reply from the office of Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders

A few weeks ago I wrote to Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders of Arkansas to tell her about a suggestion in France in the 1800s to put working children in high metal boots so they would be unable to sit down and rest when they were supposed to be working at their factory jobs.  Since Arkansas has legalized child labor, I thought she would be interested.  Of course, I meant this sarcastically.  I hoped all my readers knew that.


Whoops.  I just received a reply from the Director of Constituent Services in the Office of Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders.  She thanked me for writing, and then said this:


“We have reviewed your letter.  Governor Sanders welcomes and appreciates hearing from Arkansans all across the state on issues important to them.  [Evidently she did not read the return address.]  The Governor is working hard to implement bold, transformational policies that help make Arkansas one of the best places to live, work and raise a family.”


“I will pass along your comments to the Governor as well as a member of our policy staff.  Thank you for contacting our office.”


So, if you hear that children in Arkansas at a meat packing plant are wearing high metal boots, I guess I am the guy responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment