Wednesday, November 3, 2021

The election results

Since I am speaking to the Palmerton Area Democratic Club next week about the election results and what they mean, I don’t want to give too much away.  I’ll just say that sometimes it does get discouraging.  I have been doing this since high school, if you count driving around with my Mother, a Democratic committeewoman in Towamensing, to take Dems to the polls.  In 1960 we picked up an old farmer who told my mom, “I never voted for a Catholic.”  I thought uh oh, but then he added, “I never voted for a Republican neither, and I ain’t gonna start now.” 


Yesterday’s election left us with a Pennsylvania Supreme Court Justice who took hundreds of thousands from a right-wing fanatic, a Lehighton School Board that ran as a bloc with the financial support of a millionaire from Bucks County who favors charter schools, a governor of Virginia who admires Trump, and a race in New Jersey still too close to call.  Will I quit?  What do you think? 


And how about that Boston Mayor!

No comments:

Post a Comment