Saturday, September 29, 2012

Governor Corbett defends "fracking"


I’m sure you have heard the irritating statement that goes like this:  “If they can put a man on the moon, why can’t they
...cure cancer."
...balance the federal budget."
...predict earthquakes."
  ...have the Cubs win the World Series."

Any thinking person knows what is required to put a man on the moon is totally different from what is required to cure cancer or balance the federal budget.  It was with great dismay, therefore, when I read Governor Corbett’s remarks reported in the September 29 issue of Lancaster Farming. 
Corbett said the anti-fracking activists were an “unreasoning opposition” who accept that the nation can land a space vehicle on Mars but don’t believe energy companies can safely harvest gas a mile under the earth’s surface.  

I believe a nation that is able to land a space vehicle on Mars can still elect a governor like Tom Corbett, who rewards his campaign contributors and ignores the needs of his state.  I believe that a nation that produces scientists that can land the Mars Rover can also produce voters who elect idiots to state government.  In fact, I have proof.

1 comment:

  1. I think that the people from Dimock, PA should be the sole supplier of drinking water to the Governor and his family. After all he thinks that no harm comes from fracking.

    As for the Cubs--I have been a fan for over 40 years, I don't think I have another 40 to live.

    ReplyDelete