Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Convention


No, I’m not watching it.  But I do read about it, and Linda has been watching it.  The differences between the Republican and Democratic conventions, it seems to me, are the Republicans pretend to be diverse, the Democrats are diverse; the Reps are pessimistic while the Dems are optimistic; the Reps emphasize individuals and the Dems emphasize community: and the Reps, especially Ryan, lie like rugs while the Dems are truthful. 

Did I get that right?

1 comment:

  1. Right on! In order for the republicans to look diverse in their members was, they had to put the Guam, American Samoa and Porto Rico delegations in the front so they could be on camera more and be diverse looking.

    Too bad you missed Bill Clinton's speech tonight because he was flat out fantastic! He really took Romney and Ryan to task. Point by point. I think it was one of the finest political speeches I have ever heard. There was a teleprompter there but he sure didn't use it. The man is a real asset for Obama.

    ReplyDelete