Monday, September 26, 2016

The debate

The idea that someone would base a decision on an hour and a half debate is alien to me.  The idea that people who have not made up their minds by this point (!) will make their decision on which candidate seems more personable, gets in the best put-down, or dominates the stage is appalling.   

I knew for whom I was planning to vote for last January.  The Democrat.  I didn’t know who that Democrat would be, but I knew which party recognized global climate change, wanted to keep assault rifles out of the hands of terrorists and children, supported a woman’s right to choose, supported the rights of gays to marry, supported the right of workers to organize, supported medical care for the poor, wanted to maintain social security....  I could go on, but I think you get the idea.


So I am not watching the debates.  The whole debate thing is for people who are so out of it they need to be entertained in order to make their vote choice and so stupid they still don’t know whether to vote for the qualified candidate or the one who thinks our President was born in Kenya, would create about 11,000,000 refugees, doesn’t understand foreign trade, says he will help both the natural gas industry and coal, thinks global warming is a Chinese hoax, and lies just about every time he speaks.  

3 comments:

  1. Most people have there choice and no matter what they see they feel their candidate won the debate. Anyone with any intelligence could see that Hillary clearly was the most composed. Trump's facial expressions spoke volumes of him. Toward the end she got him rattled and you could see the real Trump come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the general consensus is that Hillary won. From the clips I saw, Trump had a sort of melt-down. This is the first debate in which he only had one opponent, so he was actually called upon to say something, and he didn't know enough to say something intelligent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roy, I think that TRUMP will do better in the next debate

    ReplyDelete