Friday, May 5, 2017

Happy Cinco de Mayo

When people ask me if I miss California, I tell them, of course I do.  One of the things I miss is the Cinco de Mayo celebration in San Jose, including a big parade that included mariachi bands, floats, horses, and, of course, local politicians in convertibles.  

Back here Groundhog Day gets more play than Cinco de Mayo.  A groundhog is an overgrown rodent, and that is what we have a day for?  Really?

On the other hand, it is my understanding that Cinco de Mayo is not as much of a holiday in Mexico as it was in California.  In any case, it was fun holiday, and I’m all in favor of celebrating it.  


Now if you will excuse me, I will get my tortilla chips and my Corona and do some celebrating on my own.

2 comments:

  1. We made wraps last night for Cinco de Mayo. No chips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had some hot sauce for those chips.

    ReplyDelete