Saturday, May 20, 2017

Medical marijuana

Today I drove to Philadelphia to have lunch with David, a former SJSU student who works for a company that makes greenhouses for medical marijuana growers.  Free plug:  We ate at Maggiano’s on Filbert, less than half a block from the Reading Terminal, and the food was excellent.

In addition to having a great time, I learned a lot about medical marijuana.  Strains have been developed to treat different ailments.  Strains of medical marijuana are also available with so little THC in them that you can’t get high from their use.  

I learned that in Pennsylvania 25 contracts are available for medical marijuana growers, and the state has received over 900 applications.  This worries me just a bit, since Pennsylvania state government does not have an exemplary record with regard to kickbacks and bribes.  


I am also thinking that maybe I’d rather be the medical marijuana king instead of the hot pepper king of Carbon County.  We have 23 acres available; that’s more than enough for greenhouses.  

No comments:

Post a Comment