Friday, November 24, 2017

Thanksgiving

I planned to post this last night, but, as usual, I couldn’t figure out how to connect my “air book” to the motel’s Wi-Fi.  This was down in Easton, Maryland, where L. and I spent Thanksgiving on the Eastern Shore eating crab cakes instead of turkey.

Anyway, here are three takes on Thsnksgiving:

I celebrated Thanksgiving in the traditional way:  I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house.  We had an enormous feast.  And then I killed them and took their land.
-Jon Stewart

Thanksgiving is an emotional time.  People travel thousands of miles to be with people they only see once a year.  And then discover once a year is way too often.
-Johnny Carson

Once again, we come to the holiday season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice.
-Dave Barry


Happy belated Thanksgiving, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment