Sunday, November 5, 2017

Tired

I posted every evening in October.  I try to be interesting, occasionally funny, often informative, now and then sarcastic.  

Sometimes, however, I just feel like giving up.  The bonobo apes are near extinction because people are stealing ape babies to sell as pets.  Over a score of people are dead in a Texas church.  Trump is our president.  The Republican congress is about to pass a bill to benefit the rich.  Fewer than half the electorate will vote on Tuesday, and of those who do, almost none will know anything about the judicial candidates.  There never seems to be any good news, nothing positive.


I know we have to keep fighting, but sometimes I just feel so discouraged.  It seems like the bad guys are winning.

2 comments:

  1. I understand how you feel. It's frustrating when people just don't seem to give a damn. Maybe when they are near abject poverty they just might start to care.

    In regards to the latest shooting in Texas. I have finally figured out why the politicians in Washington keep from doing anything sensible on guns. I think they are so busy praying and expressing condolences to all the grieving families that they just don't have the time to do anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trump said, "Americans will do what we do best: we pull together and join hands and lock arms and through the tears and saddens we stand strong."
    What does that even mean? Really, what does that mean?

    ReplyDelete