Saturday, October 20, 2018

Lehighton Halloween Parade

Today I was the driver for the Carbon County Democrats in the Lehighton Halloween Parade.  A farmer friend of mine provided a truck and trailer and six bales of straw on which to sit and also stick in signs.  We had 10 large bags of candy which our walkers gave to kids who won’t be voting for another 15 years.  We had a good turnout of volunteers, but there is no way of knowing if any of this makes a difference at the polls.

The County Republicans had a large Trump sign, which made me regret that I was driving.  If I hadn’t been I would have walked along behind the spectators and about every 10 yards yelled out “Tax Cheat” or “Where’s Stormy” or “Kavanaugh lied.”  


Probably just as well that I was the driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment