Sunday, October 21, 2018

Nebraska. Honestly, it's not for everyone.

That’s the new slogan unveiled by the Nebraska Tourism Commission last week.  Some Nebraskans don’t like it, but it has already gotten nation-wide attention, including, of course, this blog.

If I knew how to do that little heart, I would put here “I heart Nebraska.”  Twice I’ve been to Red Cloud, Willa Cather’s home town.  Linda and I visited the Museum of Nebraska Art (MONA), which was surprisingly good.  I’ve presented a paper on community-owned movie theaters at a Great Plains Conference in Lincoln.  I once used a textbook on Nebraska’s government.  (It’s the only state with a unicameral legislature.)  I have even bought a bottle of Nebraska wine.  

Ok, that last one was a mistake.  Nebraska may have great wine, but not the bottle I bought.


In any case, while Nebraska might not be for everyone, I really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment