Monday, October 29, 2018

Sign Wars

Since the redrawing of the Congressional districts last year, I no longer live in Congressman Matt Cartwright’s district.  Cartwright is everything a congressman should be–intelligent, able to work across the aisle, and a decent human being.  Since I live close to the border of his district, and since I had a few old yard signs, I put one up on the right-of-way about three miles east of my house five days ago.

A day later someone pulled it down and left it on the ground.  I stopped and put it back up.  A day later it was on the ground again.  I put it back up.  Today it was wadded up, shoved into some bushes, and the metal sticks were gone. 

I picked up the sign, got new sticks, and filled a bucket with chicken manure.  Tomorrow it goes back up with chicken shit all around it on the ground and the top of the sign thickly coated with Vasoline.  In a way I am hoping that the sign destroyer does it again.  


If someone would like to fund a trail camera of the type people use to take pictures of wildlife, let me know.  I think you can buy them at Cabela’s.  That’s my next step.  After that, it’s land mines.

No comments:

Post a Comment