Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Thundershowers in October

One time when I was a kid and we were cutting seed potatoes for planting, we had a thundershower.  Since we never had thundershowers in the fall or winter or early spring, my grandmother was very worried.  I remember she said, “It’s the end of the world.”

Tonight we had an amazing thundershower, with lightning, including lightening that never touched the ground.  And tornados.  In Pennsylvania! 

Nanna was wrong, of course.  The world won’t end.  What is ending is the world as we know it.  Species extinctions.  Desertification.  Monster hurricanes.  Rising sea levels.  Climate refugees.  Giant forest fires.  Crop failures.  Famine.


I’m glad I won’t live to see the worst of it, and it will get worse.  Unfortunately, our grandson Gavin will live to see it if we don’t act and if it is not already too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment