Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Signs don't vote

That is a cliche among political consultants when people complain that their candidates don’t have enough signs along the roads.  Many consultants downplay the importance of signs.  I disagree.  When a candidate’s supporters only see signs of the opponent, they get discouraged.  What’s wrong with my candidate?  Why don’t I see my candidate’s name out there?  

One of the most discouraging aspects of the Clinton campaign in 2016 was the explosion of Trump signs and the absence of Clinton signs.  Our friend René spent days in our shed in a one-man assembly line turning out home-made “Hillary” signs, but it would have been nice if the campaign had also provided us with some.

Today my friend Sandra and I drove around the lower part of Carbon County putting up Denny Wolff for Congress, Tom Wolf for Governor, and Kara Scott for Representative signs at intersections and along roadways in the lower part of Carbon County.  Supporters will be pleased.


By the way, a note to Republican sign stealers.  Remember that it is relatively easy to retaliate.  Quit stealing our signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment