Saturday, October 17, 2020

Door-to-door for Biden

 We went out in teams of two in perfect weather, hitting every Democrat on Lehigh and Franklin Avenues and most of Lafayette and Columbia Avenues, and those are among four of the biggest streets in Palmerton.  We also had a team out in Lehighton covering Democrats who are sporadic voters.  Tomorrow we will finish two of the three Palmerton precincts.  


We noticed some Trump door hangers on some of the homes we visited.  The Biden/Harris lit is upbeat, with info on what Biden hopes to accomplish.  The Trump lit features AOC and Bernie and claims the Democrats are radical leftists who will destroy the progress Trump has made.  I’m serious.


The national Biden campaign uses phones and an app for which you enter data as you are walking (or driving, in more spread-out areas).  Since many of our volunteers are seniors, some of whom don’t even have cell phones (I’m raising my hand), we are providing paper copies of the turfs to some of our more “old school” volunteers.


My partner and I had no problems, but when you are just distributing literature, you don’t anticipate problems.  We did encounter two people outside their houses who said they had already voted for Biden by mail.  I received my ballot today, and on Monday I will drop it off at the Registrar in person.  Another one in the bag.

2 comments:

  1. I mailed mine at the Post Office in Lehighton. We received confirmation by the Election office that it has been received OK. Out Nail in the Trump coffin is dually noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having my vote in the bag for Biden. It makes me feel good when I drive past the Trump signs.

    ReplyDelete