Saturday, October 3, 2020

Road Trip to Baltimore

Today we made a 375 mile round trip to Baltimore to pick up 1400 Biden/Harris yard signs.  Schuylkill County gets 900; Carbon will use 500.  The wire boxes were really heavy, but our pickup truck held up fine.  


Maryland Democratic officials believed that Northeastern PA needed the signs more than they did, so they provided the signs free of charge.  The house where we picked them up was in an upscale residential neighborhood, but the back yard was loaded with box after box of signs on pallets.  


We went down to Baltimore the usual way, but on the way back we decided to avoid the Turnpike, since we no longer could see out the back window of the truck.  


In Lititz, PA, we ate dinner at an excellent Mexican restaurant.  When this campaign is over, I may write a guidebook to Mexican and Thai restaurants in Pennsylvania Dutch cities and towns, like the Japanese restaurant in Lancaster and the Thai restaurant in Ephrata.  So much better than sauerkraut and mashed potatoes.


On another note, my friend Tom M. sent me a quote from Patrick Martin on Trump’s condition:  “Given his role in downplaying the the virus and disparaging the use of face masks, he is like an arsonist who has inadvertently set himself on fire.” 

1 comment:

  1. That's funny. My wife and I went out to dinner at one of our favorite Mexican places in Mobile tonight. (I remarried two years ago.) I was telling her how I reconnected with you through your blog. As for Thai places, you can't throw a rock without hitting a Thai place on the Gulf Coast, which surprised the hell out of me.

    After I left SJSU and went into IT, I had a business trip to Greensboro, NC, many years ago. I ate dinner at a Vietnamese place the first night and Thai the second. It was some of the best Vietnamese and Thai I've ever had, and I didn't expect to find that in Greensboro, NC, of all places.

    ReplyDelete