Friday, October 2, 2020

Dumbass

 I had a close relative who died of lung cancer after a two-pack a day habit for most of his adult life.  Of course I was sad, but part of me couldn’t help thinking, hey, you knew cigarettes were bad.  Why didn’t you quit?


With Trump I can’t help but feel he had it coming.  As late as the “debate” he was still mocking Joe Biden for wearing a mask.  We all saw his rallies with hundreds of maskless fanatics packed together.  Even when people sickened and died after the Tulsa rally, the rallies persisted and his followers called Covid-19 a hoax.  200,000+ dead, and it was still a hoax.


So call it karma, just desserts, or poetic justice.  I am not sending the “thoughts and prayers” that always seem to be sent to victims of gun violence.  I’m simply experiencing a strong wave of schadenfreude.


I will offer a tip, however.  Try bleach.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah. Not only did he not take precautions, but he mocked people who did? You take no precautions, you get sick. Tried to pin the virus on the Chinese? Pointless. Your body doesn't care where it came from. He tried to gut Affordable Care, but now his healthcare comes at taxpayer expense. To quote a lot of what I've seen on social media: "It is what it is."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and while I'm being critical, here is a question. How comes a guy who pays no income tax gets a team of nine doctors at taxpayer expense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I'm sharing your feelings of schadenfreude, I'll do you one better: How do you become infected with something whose danger and spread you've been minimizing for months, if not outright denying? And when you do come down with it, you get a team of nine doctors and cutting edge medications that are largely unavailable to the public? At taxpayer expense?

    ReplyDelete