Saturday, October 31, 2020

Polite word for Trump and other observations

 One of our volunteers today called Trump a “rectum.”  He said he was trying to use polite language.  

Earlier this week I put up a sign that said “ironic sign ahead” about 200 yards before a big sign that said “Trump–no more bullshit.”  My sign was up for two days.  I figure the guy with the Trump sign had to look up “ironic.”


Somebody else has been making homemade signs.  Near the turnpike entrance someone put up “Democracy is fragile.”  Next to the “Trump #1” where we briefly added a sign “in covid deaths,” someone else put up sign calling for clean air.  That one has lasted over two days.


I’ll be a poll watcher on Tuesday.  Linda has recruited 17 official poll watchers.  We will see that nothing untoward is going on, like threats or Trumpists standing within ten feet of the entrance to the polling locations.  I’ll be wearing a coat and tie.  I don’t even wear a coat and tie to funerals, but I have learned that a coat and tie is actually more intimidating than an AK-47.


We’ve been telling people to get their mail-in ballots into the 76 Susquehanna St. drop box in Jim Thorpe.  Why don’t we have a drop boxes in Tresckow, or Weatherly, or Palmerton?  I will be asking the County Commissioners this after the election.  I will also be presenting them with a packet of information that Nevada County, California, provides to its voters.  All the rules are spelled out, all the drop boxes listed, all the information a voter needs is there.  Why can’t Pennsylvania get its act together?

No comments:

Post a Comment