Friday, October 27, 2023

Bride of Frankenstein

What a great movie.  It creates sympathy for the monster, it has more humor than the first “Frankenstein,” and Elsa Lanchester plays both Mary Shelley and the Bride.  Mel Brooks “Young Frankenstein” may have the better scene with the blind woodsman, but the original is also very good and quite moving.  


I think the previous time I saw it was in the 1950s when my sister and I would walk over to my grandmother’s house (we didn’t have a tv; Nana did) and watched it on “Creature Features.”  It was fun to see it again. 

2 comments:

  1. I remember seeing "The Bride" in a theater. Sting played Frankenstein, and Jennifer Beals was the bride. When she was first presented I thought, "Make me one, too!" I was single and unattached at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not get that feeling with Elsa Lanchester.

    ReplyDelete