Sunday, October 29, 2023

Mail in your ballots–now!

I’m part of an effort to remind people who requested mail-in ballots to send them back.  The election is just over a week away, and under Postmaster DeJoy, the mail has been a bit iffy.  


I was provided with a list of names of people who requested mail-in ballots, and I simply phone them to remind them to send them in.  At least four said they would be mailing them tomorrow, and I’m thinking those might be voters who forgot.  A number said they already had confirmation that their ballots had been received.  One woman, now in Florida, had not gotten her ballot, had called the Registrar, and would be back on the 6th to vote in person if need be.  


There was also the guy who slammed the phone down.  I thought about calling him right back for a brief lecture on phone etiquette, but I didn’t.  Then there was the guy who said the person I was trying to reach didn’t live there, and he didn’t go into for that “Democratic Party stuff” (free and fair elections?  Social Security? tolerance? belief in a Constitutional order?), and then said “Trump” as though that explained it all.  Actually, I think it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment